EDCD is an equal opportunity agency. We accept applications from persons of any racial and ethnic background, marital status, religious affiliation and geographical location.
1. You must be willing and able to travel to a major city in Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri, or New Mexico. (This would most likely be Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Kansas City, St. Louis or Little Rock.) The first trip would be for 1 day, for medical and psychological evaluations. The second trip would be for 1 day, for a repeat medical exam just before retrieval, and the third trip would be for approximately 4-5 days, for egg retrieval. The first 4-5 days, you could be monitored locally by a reproductive endocrinologist nearest to your home.
2. You must be between 18-27 years old.
3. You must NOT be adopted. (If you are adopted, and have full medical records of both your biological parents, you application will be reviewed for acceptance.)
4. You must NOT be a smoker. (Your nicotine levels will be tested.)
SMOKING DAMAGES EGGS.
5. You must not be more than 30 lbs. over your ideal weight.
6. You must be in good health.
7. Your SAT score must be 1100 or higher, or your ACT score must be 24 or higher BEFORE MARCH 2005. AFTER MARCH 2005, your scores of Math and Critical Reading (previously called Verbal) will need to total 1100 or higher. We do not need the total of all 3 sections in the new test. We only need the total of math and critical reading. (Very important, must provide OFFICIAL DOCUMENTATION. If you did not take the SAT or ACT, we need your college GPA (grade point average).) OFFICIAL, written documentation of your scores from your school registrar is required. If you did not take either test, you must enclose an OFFICIAL copy of your college transcript, with a GPA (grade point average) of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. If you are on a 5.0 scale, you must have at least a 3.75.
8. You must abstain form alcohol and caffeine during stimulation.
9. You must not use recreational drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, amphetamines or "downers". (You will be drug tested.) Recreational drug use will cause cycle cancellation and/or termination of the contract.
10. You must not use intravenous drugs now, or at any time in the past.
11. You must undergo medical and psychological screening. (This includes, but is not limited to, an HIV test, genetic testing and drug testing.)
12. You must take daily injections (using tiny insulin needles), have frequent blood tests, sonograms and be available to go to a designated office for morning appointments at times designated by the physician.
13. If you have a fear of needles or of having blood drawn, egg donation is NOT for you!
14. You must be willing to give "Informed Consent" for the oocyte procedure, IV sedation and medication (such as antibiotics), and perhaps a foley catheter.
15. You must not have a sexually transmitted disease including but not limited to gonorrhea, syphilis, genital herpes, vaginal warts, Chlamydia or HIV. FDA regulations require that it must be at least 12 months from the time you were treated and cleared from a Chlamydia infection until your actual donation cycle. (It does not need to be 12 months until you apply to be a donor.)
16. You must not have had any sexual contact with homosexual or bisexual men at this time, or at any time in the past.
17. You must be willing to abstain from sexual intercourse for a period of approximately 2-3 weeks during treatment.
18. You must be willing to refrain from exercise for 2-4 weeks, perhaps up to 8 weeks, depending on your physician's directions.
19. You must be willing to take birth control pills for approximately 4-6-8 weeks before the stimulation begins.
20. It is acceptable to be on birth control pills at this time; however, you may NOT use birth control pills during the actual stimulation period, and must be willing to prevent pregnancy with another method (i.e. condoms, sponge, vaginal creams) on the cycle PRIOR to stimulation.
21. You must not currently have a Norplant birth control device.
22. You must not have had a Norplant device removed within the last twelve months.
23. You must not have taken Depo birth control injections within the last nine months.
24. You must not have had a tattoo, body piercing or Chlamydia infection within the previous 12 months of undergoing a donation cycle. If you ALREADY HAVE a tattoo or body piercing, that is fine. You just need to make sure that it will be at least 12 months from the time you got your tattoo or body piercing, or from being treated and cleared from a Chlamydia infection until your actual donation cycle. (It does not need to be 12 months until you apply to be a donor.)
25. You must have your own transportation.
26. You must have early mornings available for doctor appointments for about two weeks.
27. You MUST be responsible and very dependable.
28. You MUST be able to make all of your doctor appointments. This is critical!
29. If you don't already have one, please try to get a credit card for traveling purposes.
30. It serves you well to be extremely polite to the nursing staff and to be on-time for your appointments.
Copyright © The Egg Donation Center of Dallas, Inc. 2021